Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Radiator Removed

My wife and I lifted the radiator out last night to finally gain access to the crankshaft pulley.  That gave me a good view into the cylinder water outlet elbow.  What a mess.  It looks like there is about a quarter inch of debris in the bottom of it, much of it probably from the corroded inlet to the radiator.  Tonight I vacuumed up all the debris that had accumulated below the radiator and finally tried to turn the crankshaft pulley.  Alas, it wouldn't budge.  I wasn't really surprised but a bit disappointed.  Now I have to decide whether to buy a big socket and try to turn it that way or to hook up the battery and try to goose it with the starter.  I noticed that much of the oil that I poured into the cylinders is now on the garage floor.  I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it it made its way to the exhaust system and then out.

Enough of the grim news.  Here are some pictures of what a Traveler can look like.  I don't know much about this one, only that it was featured at a May 2009 exhibition at the Four States Auto Museum in Texarkana, Arkansas.


No comments:

Post a Comment